|World Cup in Miami, USA|
Lara Vadlau and Eva Maria Schimak will look back fondly on Biscayne Bay. For the first time in their still young and partnered career, the 470s ladies qualified themselves for a Medal Race adjudication, and with this ranking they made the other competition look old.
The US girls Armanda Clark and Sarah Lihan have to bow down to the Austrians in the Final Rounds, as well as Kathrin Kadelbach and Friederike Belcher from Germany. The two teams took 11th and 12th place in their World Rankings. For Austria’s Youth Olympic champion and her brilliant partner, the US World Cup was the biggest success to date.
The next World Cup will be sailed in Palma de Mallorca (April 2-7). While the home 49er teams wind down another week of training in Miami, the red-white-red 470s teams transfer more or less directly to Balearic Island.
|Lara Vadlau: |
“The week was really great. We are rewarded for our dedication, have fuelled and established extra self-confidence, and have proven that at phases we could keep up with the world’s best. Of course plenty of work waits for us, but this partial victory is tremendously inspiring.”
Georg Fundak (OeSV-Sport Director):
“The training at the location was optimal. We had perfect conditions and could go through our program as planned which was advantageous to the racing results. Delle Karth and Resch again have an outstanding basis, but they still have reservations. Lara and Eva Maria are likewise off to a good start. We have modified the system with the 470s men, so there a little more patience is still needed. The youth has to undertake yet more responsibility, but all in all I am pleased with the way things look. If our sailors, the trainer and the sports device continue to work so, we will go to the Olympics with more self-confidence. For all those involved the upcoming months will be extremely challenging. We will continue to further work hard and not let a minute unused go by.”
49er (15 Races, + MR, 1 Leveler)
1. Nico Delle Karth/Niko Resch AUT 42 (5,4,5,1,4,7,1,1,1,2,4,1,1,1,(9),4)
2. Erik Storck/Trevor Moore USA 59
3. Lauri Lehtinen/Kalle Bask FIN 79
14. Thomas Zajac/Thomas Czajka AUT 159
470er Women (15 Races, + MR, 1 Leveler)
1. Lisa Westerhof/Lobke Berkhout NED 30
9. Lara Vadlau/Eva Maria Schimak AUT 74 (5,9,3,8,8,(12),7,6,10,8,Medal Race 5!!)
470er Men (15 Races, + MR, 1 Leveler)
1. Mathew Belcher/Malcom Page AUS 42
12. Matthias Schmid/Florian Reichstädter AUT 84 (14,15,4,(DSQ),12,4,13,10,9,3)
16. David Bargehr/Lukas Mähr AUT 115 (13,(19),12,12,16,8,14,13,15,12)
Star (10 Races, + MR, 1 Leveler)
1. Robert Scheidt/Bruno Prada BRA 37
13. Hans Spitzauer/Gerd Habermüller AUT 118 (19,14,14,12,11,6,15,13,(OCS),14)