THE MOODY DIVA AT THE COTE D‘AZUR
The unpredictable wind conditions cause cunning circumstances before Hyeres – the AEZ sailors have it coming for them.
The battle at the Cote d’Azur went into the second round today, an unpredictable wind caused extremely cunning conditions, which demanded tactical decisions. Austria’s sailors had a good feeling partly, and are still at good place in the World Cup before Hyeres.
The two HSZ soldiers Thomas Zajac and Thomas Czajak landed at 40th places. The 17 year old Lara Vadlau and her partner Eva Maria Schimak have to go through a hard regatta sailing school before Hyeres and fight with the tricky wind conditions.
Tomorrow the last qualifications at the France World Cup are taking place. After that the final rounds follow up. On Friday 29.April, the medal races will be finalized.
France World Cup, Current Score after 2nd day:
49er, 67 teams, 6 races
1. Erik Storck/Trevor Moore USA 12
22. Nico Delle Karth/Niko Resch AUT 50,60 (6,(25),RDG,3,8,21)
40. Thomas Zajac/Thomas Czajka AUT 90(13,17,20,22,(26),18)
470er Women, 57 teams, 5 races
1. Tara Pacheco/Berta Betanzos ESP 10
42. Lara Vadlau/Eva-Maria Schimak AUT 136 (46,25,(47),36,29)
24.-26. April Qualification races
27. -28. April Final Round (Gold Fleet)
29. April Medal Race